We currently have a vacancy for Director of Music at St Andrew's Psalter Lane Church. See below for details and click on the links to download Job Description and Person Specification.
Director of Music Vacancy:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to apply for the vacancy of Director of Music at St Andrew's Psalter Lane Church. This part time role is for up to 13 hours a month on a flexible basis including Sundays.
Worship is central to all that we are and is creative and varied, drawing on both Anglican and Methodist traditions. Our worship pattern includes regular services of Holy Communion, All Age Worship, Taizé services and all the usual special services for the great Festivals throughout the year. There is a choir which currently comes together for special services and a small music group who play when asked.
The rate of pay will be £21.00 per hour
We are looking for someone who:
- Can play the piano and the organ (or is willing to learn to play the organ) and/or other instruments
- Has an active desire to be collaborative, creative, contemporary and open to all styles and genres of music.
- Can respond well to the changing and eclectic needs our worship requires.
- Is self-motivated and flexible
- Is a great team player but able to work effectively unsupervised when required
- Is able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
Closing date for Applications and CVs to be received by 17th November
Interviews will be on the 27th November
Send your Application/CV and covering letter to the church office:
St Andrews Psalter Lane Church, c/o Shirley House, 31 Psalter Lane, Sheffield S11 8YL
Or email the application to email@example.com
Start date on or after 1st January 2024